(Hackney & Tower Hamlets)
SINGA UK is launching its first "Chapter" in the London boroughs of Hackney & Tower Hamlets and we are looking for enthusiastic, well-connected people to take the lead and help us establish a meaningful footprint in the area, acting as the central link between locals, community leaders and organisations.
There are more than half a million people living Hackney & Tower Hamlets alone, as well as huge numbers of people who work and visit every day. Alongside the hundreds of organisations and people doing amazing community project, there is much to learn and many opportunities to explore.
You will play a key role in developing a locally-led strategy that will be best serve the needs and interest of the local community. This position would ideally suit freelancers or people on part-time work who have both the interest, and capacity (at least two days per week) to lead our outreach work and be the local face of SINGA in meetings and at events.
- Researching and making contact with potential partners, organisations and community leaders in the area
- Overseeing the roll-out of Chapter activities created by SINGA Makers and with our partners
- First point of contact for the community, incl. locals and organisations
- Liaising with centra team on Chapter communications and engaging volunteers
- Working with the Director and central team to develop a longer-term strategy for the Chapter, and explore fundraising opportunities where possible
Who you are:
- Someone who can lead teams and make things happen - both independently, and as part of the wider SINGA community
- Experience with building and nurturing community, either through an organisation or as a community leader in your own right. You understand what makes communities tick and what it takes to help them grow
- A strong belief in the principles that underpin everything we do at SINGA
- Fundraising experience would also be an advantage
- You are ideally living in or near Hackney/Tower Hamlets and have an excellent knowledge of the area, and the different people that play a part in it
Being part of the launch of SINGA UK gives you a unique opportunity to gain experience and take on responsibility in an organisation connecting people and other organisations across the city. You will establish an extensive network in and outside of London by working with us to build up the SINGA community.
The scale and scope of the role and the way it is executed is something we are open to exploring and shaping to fit the right person (or persons).
This is currently an unpaid voluntary position but will evolve into a salaried role as funding becomes available. Please contact us if you would like to discuss further.
To register your interest, tell us more about you by submitting details on our "get involved" form and indicate in the relevant section which positions you are interested in (you're welcome to indicate more than one, if applicable).
If you are not based in Hackney & Tower Hamlets but are interested in bringing SINGA to your area as a Chapter Leader, we'd love to hear from you too.
Take me to the form
More about SINGA
SINGA is an international, community-building network enabling locals and newcomers of refugee and migrant backgrounds to connect through the things they love – food, the arts, sport, music, languages, nature, business and beyond.
Founded in Paris in 2012, today SINGA is a community of more than 25,000 people of all backgrounds in five countries: France, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium and Quebec, with new chapters open in Italy - and now the UK!
Take me to the form