SINGA's Living Room initiative connects new people and generates a sense of community with fun, small gatherings that take place in the living room of a community member host. Hosts make use of their space in a variety of ways - anything from watching a movie to cooking together, from playing board games to craft-making or playing music.
Our vision is to see Living Room gatherings happening regularly throughout our Hackney & Tower Hamlets Chapter (and beyond). Working within a small supportive team, our Living Room Team Leader(s) will be instrumental in realising this vision, developing a key community strand as both the external and internal point of contact for hosts, potential hosts and new collaborators.
- First point of contact for Living Room hosts, participants and partners
- Work with the communications team to ensure timely promotion of events, and broad engagement with our community partners
- Working with the central team, generate and develop partnership and fundraising leads to help increase the reach of SINGA Living Room across the Capital
Who you are:
- Someone who can lead teams and make things happen - both independently and as part of the wider SINGA network
- Experience in organising and leading events, either through an organisation or as a community leader in your own right. You understand and are energised by what it takes to bring people together and to help communities grow
- A strong belief in the principles that underpin everything we do
- You are ideally living in or near Hackney/Tower Hamlets and/or have experience working in the area
To register your interest, tell us more about you by submitting details on our "get involved" form (link below, indicating in the relevant section which positions you are interested in (you're welcome to indicate more than one, if applicable).
MORE ABOUT SINGA
SINGA is an international, community-building network enabling locals and newcomers of different backgrounds to connect through the things they love – food, the arts, sport, music, languages, nature, business and so much more.
Founded in Paris in 2012, today SINGA is a community of more than 25,000 people in seven countries: France, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium and Quebec, with new chapters open in Italy - and now the UK!
Find out more about our initial plans here.
Find out about other available ways to Get Involved with SINGA here.