SINGA's project co-ordinators are our great enablers - working with SINGA Makers and community partners to help turn ideas from our community into a reality.
SINGA Makers are anyone in the community who has experience or knowledge based on a passion or profession - interested in turning their idea into a new project, regular meet-up or activity. Our project co-ordinators are the first and primary point of SINGA contact, working with the prospective SINGA Maker to develop their idea further, formulate a programme of activities or other outputs and then reaching out to the SINGA network to make it happen - whether that might be help with sourcing a space or materials, or matching with other partners to help fully realise the SINGA Maker's potential.
Our vision is to generate a thriving hub of activities lead by SINGA Makers all across the Chapter. We expect interest in SINGA Maker roles to be high and will need a large number of project leaders to respond to and manage the delivery of a continuous stream of proposals from the community.
Project co-ordinators will work in close partnership with Volunteer and Communication team to develop engaging and innovative ways to best enable and activate the generosity of the wider SINGA network.
- First point of contact for community members interested in being a SINGA Maker
- Develop and manage a sustainable activity stream, in consultation with the SINGA network and local partners
- Recruit additional volunteers and support from the project co-ordinating team, as required
Who you are:
- Someone who can lead teams and make things happen - both independently and as part of the wider SINGA network
- Experience in organising and leading projects, either through an organisation or as a project leader in your own right.
- You understand and are energised by what it takes to bring people together and to help communities grow
- A strong belief in the principles that underpin everything we do
- You are ideally living in or near Hackney/Tower Hamlets and/or have experience working in the area
To register your interest, tell us more about you by submitting details on our "get involved" form (link below, indicating in the relevant section which positions you are interested in (you're welcome to indicate more than one, if applicable).
MORE ABOUT SINGA
SINGA is an international, community-building network enabling locals and newcomers of different backgrounds to connect through the things they love – food, the arts, sport, music, languages, nature, business and so much more.
Founded in Paris in 2012, today SINGA is a community of more than 25,000 people in seven countries: France, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium and Quebec, with new chapters open in Italy - and now the UK!
Find out more about our initial plans here.
Find out about other available ways to Get Involved with SINGA here.