At SINGA we are always curious - who are the people taking part in our events, or creating something new, or sharing their extraordinary life experience? The way we tell and share stories between each other is a crucial part of everything we do: it opens our eyes to new cultures and to different ways of thinking.
SINGA's Stories Curator - experienced both in commissioning inspiring content and taking on the role of editor, will lead the effort to seek out the people who make up our movement and give them a chance to be heard.
- Work with the central SINGA team to recruit a team of "SINGA Scribes" - writers, photographers, and artists who will be our eyes and ears on the ground - and work with them to seek out the best stories, record them, transcribe them, and then choose the best platforms through which we can share them with the world
- Develop a plan alongside the communications team for how SINGA shares content across its online platforms - including SINGA's website, blog, social channels, newsletter - and beyond
- Copyediting, proofreading and fact checking content before it goes live
Who you are:
- Someone who can lead teams and make things happen - both independently and as part of the wider SINGA community
- Experience with commissioning and editing content, and recruiting bloggers
- Very comfortable and actively engaged with all forms of digital content and media
- A strong belief in the principles that underpin everything we do
- You can be based anywhere in the UK - ideally London, or have at least lived in the city and understand what makes Londonders tick
- Experience working for non-profit organizations or small start-up would be an advantage
This is currently an unpaid voluntary position and will evolve into a paid project role as funding becomes available. Please contact us if you would like to discuss this aspect further. The scale and scope of the role and the way it is executed is something we can develop with the right person (or persons), to work alongside and support other projects and commitments.
SINGA is an international, community-building network enabling locals and newcomers of refugee and migrant backgrounds to connect through the things they love – food, the arts, sport, music, languages, nature, business and beyond.
Founded in Paris in 2012, today SINGA is a community of more than 25,000 people of all backgrounds in five countries: France, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium and Quebec, with new chapters open in Italy - and now the UK!
Find out more about our initial plans here.
Find out about other available ways to Get Involved with SINGA here.