SINGA is powered by the ideas and dedication of people ready to give their time and energy to help us make connections wherever we go. Working alongside a small core team, our Volunteer Coordinator(s) will take a lead role in recruiting, organising, matching and training our volunteer team and helping it to grow.
- Be the first point of contact for interested and existing volunteers
- Develop and implement SINGA UK's onboarding procedures and training sessions
- Manage available volunteering opportunities and role descriptions as the needs of the organisation evolve
- Provide ongoing support to volunteers and match opportunities with their skillset and areas of interest
- Manage relevant budgets relating to volunteer support, including the reimbursement of expenses
- Maintain databases and undertake any other relevant administrative duties
Who you are:
- Someone who can lead teams and make things happen - both independently and as part of the wider SINGA team
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people
- A demonstrated empathy and experience of working with volunteers and understanding their needs
- The capacity to inspire and motivate others
- Experience in organising and producing events would be an advantage
- Administrative and IT skills, and an ability to maintain records and produce clear written and oral reports
- Experience in working with/coordinating a diverse group of people
This is currently an unpaid voluntary position and will evolve into a salaried role by late 2018, as funding becomes available. Please contact us if you would like to discuss this aspect further. In the meantime the scale and scope of the role and the way it is carried out is something we can develop with the right person (or persons), to work alongside and support other projects and commitments.
To register your interest, tell us more about you by submitting details on our "get involved" form (link below), indicating in the relevant section which positions you are interested in (you're welcome to indicate more than one, if applicable).
MORE ABOUT SINGA
SINGA is an international, community-building network enabling locals and newcomers of different backgrounds to connect through the things they love – food, the arts, sport, music, languages, nature, business and so much more.
Founded in Paris in 2012, today SINGA is a community of more than 25,000 people in seven countries: France, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium and Quebec, with new chapters open in Italy - and now the UK!
Find out more about our initial plans here.
Find out about other available ways to get involved with SINGA here.